Is Filipino rice porridge or congee. Chicken and rice are slowly simmered in a delicious broth flavored with garlic, onions, ginger and fish sauce.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 kilo chicken; cut in small pieces
- 1 Cup short rice
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 4 Cloves of Garlic.chopped
- Ginger , thin sliced
- 6 Cups water or broth
- Fish sauce
- Cooking oil
- Salt, pepper and calamansi (lime) to taste
- In a casserole, sauté garlic, onion, and ginger in oil. Add chicken and stir fry with fish sauce until light browned. Add rice.
- Add enough water and bring to boil. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender and rice is done (add hot water if necessary).
- Season with fish sauce according to taste. Serve hot in a bowl.
- Garnish on top with fried minced garlic , scallions and saffron flower.
- 1 Tbsp minced Fried Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Spring Onion
- Saffron Flowers (kasubha)
- You have the option of using salt or chicken bouillon cubes as seasoning instead of fish sauce.
- When reheating, add some chicken stock or water to the porridge and warm over medium heat.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/