- 1 green papaya
- 4 cups vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
- 5-10 pcs of red shallots
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 pcs thai sweet chilli
- 1 large carrots
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 cup raisins
There are many variation of making atsara, most fruits vegetables are used in making this tangy appetizer. Pickled green papaya in sweet and sour is the most popular.
- Peel papaya, remove the seed and shred into small strip.
- Mix salt in shredded papaya and squeeze it to remove the juices. Rinse with warm water and place in a cheese cloth, squeeze hard to remove the remaining juices.
- Put papaya in a mixing bowl together with carrots, cucumber, Thai sweet chilli, red pepper, raisins and onions.
- To prepare the pickle solution : In a casserole put vinegar, add pounded garlic and ginger. Dissolve the sugar and boil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Arrange the vegetables into a sterile bottles, pour the pickled solution using a strainer.
- For best result, refrigerate and serve after 2 days.
- Use green unripe and firm papaya.
Watch the Atsarang Papaya cooking video
Incoming search terms:
- atsara recipe
- how to make atsarang papaya
- atsarang papaya recipe
- how to make atsara
- how to make atcharang papaya
- atsara recipe tagalog
- how to make atsara papaya
- how to make papaya pickles
- atsarang papaya recipe tagalog