- 1 kilo baby milkfish (bangus), scaled (option)
- 2 cup green tamarind fruits
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced1/2 tsp.
- Cracked pepper
- 2-4 pieces green long chili (siling pampaksiw)
- Salt to taste
Fresh baby milkfish or tilapia is usually cooked with green tamarind fruit. Generally fresh baby bangus is cooked as is with its innards and scales on that add to the taste of pinangat.
- Put the green tamarind fruits , ginger and onion at the bottom of a pot.
- Arrange the milkfish, add enough water to cover fish,
- Season with salt and add cracked pepper.
- Add green chili on top. Cover and simmer at low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid have evaporated.
- Sinigang sampalok mix can be used for green tamarind fruit.
- Fish sauce can be added for an added taste.
Incoming search terms:
- pinangat na isda sa sampalok recipe
- pinangat na isda sa sampalok
- pinangat na tilapia sa sampalok
- how to cook pinangat na isda sa sampalok
- pinangat na bangus
- sinaing na isda panlasang pinoy
- pinangat sa sampalok recipe
- pangasinan pinangat na isda recipee
- Pangat na bangus panglasang pinoy
- sampalok sa tilapia recipe