Fresh baby milkfish or tilapia is usually cooked with green tamarind fruit. Generally fresh baby bangus is cooked as is with its innards and scales on that add to the taste of pinangat.
Bangus Pinangat sa Sampalok
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 13g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 kilo baby milkfish (bangus), scaled (option)
- 2 cup green tamarind fruits
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced1/2 tsp.
- Put the green tamarind fruits , ginger and onion at the bottom of a pot.
- Arrange the milkfish, add enough water to cover fish,
- Season with salt and add cracked pepper.
- Add green chili on top. Cover and simmer at low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid have evaporated.
- Sinigang sampalok mix can be used for green tamarind fruit.
- Fish sauce can be added for an added taste.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/