Write a review
1 hr 35 min
1 hr 35 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 16g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 62g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 284 Grams pounded rice flakes
- 254 Grams palm sugar
- 3 Cups coconut milk
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Drops of pandan flavoring
- Soak Pounded rice flakes in 1 cup of coconut milk for 30 minutes or until soften.
- Pour the remaining 2 cups of coconut milk, salt and pandan flavoring in a deep pan, let it boil.
- Add the palm sugar, keep stirring until the sugar has fully dissolved and the mixture thicken.
- Scoop a cup of thicken mixture, set aside.
- Add the soaked pounded rice flakes into the remaining mixture on the pan.
- Stir until the mixture becomes sticky.
- Transfer the cooked rice mixture in a pan line with banana leaves, flatten the top.
- Top with the thicken sugar coconut mixture, bake at 300ºF for 25 minutes..
- 3 Cups are the equivalent of 284 grams of pounded rice flake.
- 2 Cup brown sugar is the substitute for palm sugar.
- For lighter texture of the bibingka use light brown sugar.
- Your choice of broiling or baking the topping mixture,
- Use 1 leaves of fresh pandan leaves or grated lemon zest for better taste.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/