- 2 Cups glutinous rice
- 1 Cup wild sweet rice (pirurutong)
- 2 Cups coconut milk
- 2 Cups brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon salt
Is made up of brown-purple sweet rice (pirurutong) and glutinous rice. Steamed with grated ginger and lemon rind, mixed with coconut cream caramel and later topped with coconut curds.
Cooking Directions :
- Soak wild sweet rice in water for 6 hours or overnight.
- Wash wild sweet rice and glutinous rice, cook with salt and grated ginger.
- In a large pan put 2 cups of coconut milk, brown sugar and grated lemon rind.
- Boil and simmer in medium heat, keep stirring until the mixture has turned to a thick coconut caramel.
- Stir in the cooked rice, mix and blend thoroughly, stir cook for another 20 minutes.
- Scoop the cooked rice and place it in a dish then flatten the surface, topped with coconut curd (latik) .
Making Coconut curd (latik)
- In a large non stick pan, put 2 cups of coconut milk
- Boil and simmer in medium heat, do not stir.
- Once the curds build up, stir slightly to avoid burn.
- Cook until it turns brown.
Cooking Tips :
- You can use variety of wild rice or Thai black sweet rice.
- Do not overcooked rice.
Watch Biko na Pirurutong cooking video :
Incoming search terms:
- pirurutong recipe
- pirurutong biko recipe
- biko na pirurutong recipe
- black biko recipe
- meryenda recipes
- biko recipe with condensed milk
- biko black rice recipe
- pirurutong rice
- biko pirurutong recipe