Sweet, soft, sticky rice cake. Cook in sweet rice or sometimes called glutinous rice, coconut milk, brown sugar and condensed milk for toppings.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 13g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 159g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 cups sweet rice (glutinous rice)
- 4 cups water for rice cooking
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 1 lb. brown sugar
- Lemon rind
- Condensed milk (300 ml)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees ºF, grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Cook the rice in the rice cooker.
- Boil the coconut milk, grate the lemon skin and mix with sugar.
- Keep stirring until it gets very sticky.
- Scoop some caramel juice for toppings.
- Add the milk into the caramel juice and mix well.
- Pour the cook rice into the cooking pan with the caramel, mix well till blended.
- Pour the rice in a baking pan and spread with the toppings.
- Place in the middle rack and bake for 20 mins.
- Put coconut curd (latik) and serve.
- Black sweet rice or a combination of white sweet rice can be use in making biko. If using Black sweet rice, soak in water for 20-30 mins.
- Canned ripe jackfruit can be added for additional taste. (Add the juice in water for rice cooking and pour the jackfruit with the rice into the caramel juice.
- Pandan can be added in rice cooking for a sweet scented smell.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/