Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 10g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 85g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 5 Pieces of corn
- 2 1/2 Cup yellow corn meal
- 1 Can evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup grated cheese
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Remove corn husk and hair, wash and grate. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, put melted butter and sugar.
- Keep stirring, add eggs, evaporated milk, grated corn and cheese.
- On a separate bowl mix the corn meal, salt and baking powder.
- Pour into the egg and corn mixture, keep stirring until well combined.
- Pile 2 to 3 pieces of corn husk.
- Scoop enough mixture and place in the corn husk.
- Wrap well and tie with kitchen twine or corn husk.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes or until set.
- Add corn meal until a consistency of thick mixture is achieved. Not too wet but not too dry either.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/