Write a review
1 hr 35 min
1 hr 35 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 33g
Saturated Fat 18g
Trans Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 75g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups all purposed flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 cups young coconut meat
- 1/4 cup coconut juice
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cups of cornstarch
- Blend flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add vegetable shortening, cut using knife or pastry blender until texture turns coarse crumbs.
- Combine yolk, vinegar and water then mix.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture to the flour.
- Divide the dough into 2 pcs 1 bigger than the other.
- Sprinkle flour on the board and rolling pin, place the bigger dough and roll from the center to the edges keeping the thickness of the dough even.
- Fit the dough into a pie plate, letting sides hang.
- Roll out the other dough for the top crust, set aside.
- Pour milk in a sauce pan and let it boil then add sugar.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in coconut juice.
- Pour into the boiling milk and stir constantly until thicken, let it cool.
- Pour into the prepared crust and cover with top crust, press the edges with finger to seal.
- Place a hole in the center and brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/