This savory stew of ox tripe and shank cooked with chorizo de bilbao in spicy tomato sauce. Color and flavor from the chorizo de Bilbao, makes this recipe a lot different from other tomato-based stews.
Write a review
1 hr 35 min
1 hr 35 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 Lbs beef tripe
- 1 Beff foot
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Medium size onion
- 1 head garlic
- 2 Birds eye chilli
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 2 Pieces Chorizo de Bilbao
- 1 Can green Peas
- 1 Can chick peas
- 1 Cup black olives
- 1 Can tomato paste
- 1 Cup tomato sauce
- Cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash tripe and feet thoroughly and put in deep casserole.
- Add water and squeeze some lemon juice, boil until tender.
- Repeat the procedures until bad smell of the soup goes away.
- Heat oil in a frying-pan and Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add birds eye chilli, stir for a few minutes then add the red and green pepper.
- Add Spanish sausage and stir fry to infuse the flavor to the vegetables.
- Add the tender ox feet and tripe and Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the stock (used to boil ox feet and tripe) and simmer for 10 minutes
- Pour in Tomato sauce, season with salt and add the tomato paste.
- Stir, then add black olives, chick peas, and green peas.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes or just enough for the vegetables to heat through
- Transfer to a platter & garnish with peppers
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/
Watch Callos cooking video: