Chicken Lollipop Adobo
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 4g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 lbs of chicken drumlets or wings
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 gloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for frying
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup water
- Adobo brine or broth
- Cut and pull back from one end of the chicken bone to the other carefully, making sure that you do not pull the meat completely out.
- Marinate the chicken in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and ground pepper for 1 hour.
- Broil the marinated chicken with the brine for 5-10 minutes
- Set aside and let it cool, then prepare the coating mix.
- For the coating mix, add ground pepper, salt, and garlic powder or onion soup powder into the flour, mix well.
- In a deep bowl, add milk and egg then beat, to make an egg wash.
- Take the marinated chicken from the refrigerator, and remove each piece from adobo marinate.
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash, .then dip that same piece of chicken into the flour mixture, making sure to shake off excess flour. You can double dip, for a thick and crispy coating.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and deep fry chicken, until golden brown.
How to make the gravy
- Add 1 cup water to the broth and add 2-3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Melt four tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir four tablespoons of flour into the pan with the hot butter
- Cook for a minute or two, until golden brown color.
- Slowly pour the brine or broth into the pan , whisking the mixture as you add it.
- Return to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
- You can hold the gravy on the stove for a while, but it may continue to thicken. If this happens, just thin it out with some more hot stock, broth or water.
- You can double dip the chicken into the egg wash and flour mixture for a thick and crispy coating.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/