There are two different ways of making embutido, Bake (meatloaf) or steam (sausage). Can be wrapped in pork lard leaf or aluminium foil. In our recipe you can either use the steamer or bake it.
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 334
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 37g
Saturated Fat 16g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrates 19g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 lbs ground pork
- Luncheon meat
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup raisin
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white loaf bread
- Aluminium foil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or prepare the steamer.
- In a mixing bowl, put the ground pork, sweet pickles relished, raisins and carrots.
- Add salt, pepper, cheese, white bread and eggs. Mix together until well blended.
- Divide the ground pork mixture into 2 portions.
- Cut 2 pcs. 12 inch long sheets of aluminium foil.
- Place and flatten the meat mixture in the center of the foil.
- Put the sliced eggs and luncheon meat, cover with the meat mixture to form a log shape.
- Roll the aluminium foil and seal both ends.
- Place in a baking pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- To get the exact taste before baking, take a small portion of the meat mixture and fried it.
- Steaming the embutido ; Fill the pan with half inch water and steam for 45-60 minutes.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/