- 1 lbs ground pork
- Luncheon meat
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup raisin
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white loaf bread
- Aluminium foil
- Salt and pepper to taste
There are two different ways of making embutido, Bake (meatloaf) or steam (sausage). Can be wrapped in pork lard leaf or aluminium foil. In our recipe you can either use the steamer or bake it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or prepare the steamer.
- In a mixing bowl, put the ground pork, sweet pickles relished, raisins and carrots.
- Add salt, pepper, cheese, white bread and eggs. Mix together until well blended.
- Divide the ground pork mixture into 2 portions.
- Cut 2 pcs. 12 inch long sheets of aluminium foil.
- Place and flatten the meat mixture in the center of the foil.
- Put the sliced eggs and luncheon meat, cover with the meat mixture to form a log shape.
- Roll the aluminium foil and seal both ends.
- Place in a baking pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- To get the exact taste before baking, take a small portion of the meat mixture and fried it.
- Steaming the embutido ; Fill the pan with half inch water and steam for 45-60 minutes.
Watch the Embutido cooking video
Incoming search terms:
- embutido recipe
- embutido panlasang pinoy
- how to make embutido
- how to cook embutido
- best embutido recipe
- embutido recipe panlasang pinoy
- embotido recipe
- pork embutido recipe
- embutido recipe filipino style