Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 25g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 Cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup warm water
- 3/4 Cup evaporated milk
- 2 Teaspoon rapid rise yeast
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/3 Cup vegetable shortening
- 2 Large eggs
- Dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon of sugar in 3/4 cup of warm water. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, pour all-purpose flour, remaining sugar and salt.
- Mix all dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Add the dissolved yeast, eggs, evaporated milk and vegetable shortening.
- Mix everything thoroughly, until well blended.
- Knead until dough is smooth and elastic and shape into ball.
- Transfer the dough in a greased bowl and cover with damp cloth and let rise again until double in size.
- Punch dough and divide equally into 4 pieces, roll out each piece into a log.
- Cut into small pieces and roll thinly into 4 X 2 inch rectangles.
- Brush surfaces with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Roll into long rods and twirl into shape.
- Place each piece in a ensaymada muffin moulder. Let it rise until doubles in size.
- Bake at 350 F for about 10 to 15 minute or until light golden brown.
- Cool and brush with melted butter. Top with grated cheese.
- In resting the dough, always cover with damp cloth to avoid dryness.
- After resting the dough, the result will be so sticky. After dividing into 4 equal sizes, dust with flour until good enough to roll, do not over flour.
- Sprinkle sugar before adding grated cheese.
- Butter and margarine are substitute for vegetable shortening.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/