Deep fried fish sauted in sweet & sour sauce. For the sauce ingredients we used pineapple chunks and vinegar, leftover fried fish can be used for this recipe.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 35g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 red snapper
- 1 can of pineapple chunks, separate juice.
- 1 thumb size ginger, cut into strips
- 2 carrots
- 1 green or red bell pepper
- 1 onion sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/3 cup soya sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup water
- Ground pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Wash fish & drain, season with salt.
- Fry the fish in a large pan until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain & set aside.
- In a bowl mix water, sugar and cornstarch, for sauce thickener.
- In a sauce pan, sauté ginger and onion.
- Add soya sauce, pineapple juice & vinegar.
- Don't stir, let it boil.
- Add carrots, celery, bell pepper and pineapple chunks.
- Simmer for a few minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture, and season with ground pepper.
- Keep stirring until the sauce becomes thick.
- Arrange the fish in the platter and pour the sauce over fish.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/