Fiesta cake is a cake made with fiesta or fruit cocktail mix fruits with raisin and chopped cashew nuts. A cake that simply has fruit in it as an ingredient can also be colloquially called a fiesta cake.
This cake is packed with more than just fruits, the raisin and cashew nuts adds a delectable taste to the whole cake. This may sounds the same with fruit cake or food for the god, because of the various fruit and nuts ingredients. One amazing treat for the holiday season or any other time of year. Filipinos call this “Fruit Salad Cake” because of the fruit cocktail or fruits from the the can in a cake bar. It’s one best of my best recipes that I can make in any time of the day, with few ingredients and easy to follow instructions.
This favorite Filipino cake bar is rich with butter, eggs, honey, raisins and cashew nuts. Each square bar is so rich of flavor and can be baked easily just like a regular brownie bar. Whether you’re just learning to love this fiesta cake, or have always found it irresistible, more and more Filipinos are making this classic dessert a treasured part of their holiday traditions. The real flavor from fruit raisin and nuts make this cake a perfect holiday treat.
- 1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup raisins
- 1 Can (400 grams) Fiesta Fruit Cocktail
- 1 Cup chopped toasted cashew nuts
- 3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 13”x9”x2” pan.
- In a mixing bowl, sift flour, white sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together.
- Take half cup of the mixture and mix with Fiesta Fruit Cocktail and raisins. Set aside.
- Cream butter until soft and fluffy. Add brown sugars and blend well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually fold the flour mixture, add cashew and fruit cocktail mixture.
- Keep stirring until batter are completely blend.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 300ºF and bake for another 50 minutes. .
- Put butter and brown sugar together in cream using whisk.
- Besides the required baking time, always use a toothpick in the center of the cake.
- For presentation, insert cheery halfway on batter before baking.
- Cool slightly then cut into bars