A classic Pinoy recipe which is usually served as an afternoon snack, made of glutinous rice and cook in coconut milk and corn. We added sweet purple rice for a nutty flavor and ripe jackfruit for fruity taste.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 545
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 65g
Saturated Fat 57g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 101g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 Pcs fresh corn
- ½ Cup glutinous rice
- 1 ½ cup sweet purple rice
- 8 Cups coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup ripe jackfruit
- 1 Cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut cream
- Soak sweet purple rice in cold water overnight. Drain, wash and rinse the rice.
- Remove the corns outer skin and fibers, rinse and shred from the cobs. Set aside.
- In a pot combine coconut milk and sugar, stir until sugar are dissolve.
- Add the glutinous and sweet purple rice, seasoned with salt and stir.
- Cover and let it boil, add the corn and jackfruit.
- Reduce heat to low and boil until the rice and corn are cooked.
- keep stirring to prevent rice from sticking to the pot.
- Add coconut cream, stir and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Drizzled some coconut cream on top and serve hot or cold.
- Add water or coconut milk if needed, until you get the right consistency you prefer.
- If fresh corn are not available, cream of corn or kernels in can be a substitute.
- You can replace cream with condensed milk for a drizzle.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/