A Favorite dish from the southern part of the Philippines, where-in the Skipjack Tuna are cooked in coconut milk. The taste of ginger and the creamy consistency create a delicious and tangy flavor of this recipe.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 25g
Saturated Fat 17g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 70g
Dietary Fiber 8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 Small size 1 lbs Skipjack Tuna (Tulingan)
- 1 Cup coconut cream
- 1 Onion slice
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 4 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Large eggplant
- 2 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 Pieces long chili
- 1/4 Cup water
- Cooking oil
- Wash the fish with clean running water, rub with salt.
- Fry the fish until golden brown, remove and set aside.
- Saute Ginger, garlic and onion with some hot oil.
- Pour the coconut milk, water and lemon zest, let it boil.
- Add the fish, eggplant, chili, fish sauce and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Adjust the taste by adding salt or fish sauce.
- Vegetables of you choice can be added, like the string beans.
- Vinegar may be added for lemon or lime zest.
- If using large tuna, slice the fish 1 inch thick diagonally.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/