Inasal has became a popular dish in the Philippines. Bacolod City, from where it was originated. Inasal na Manok is a grilled chicken, marinated in coco vinegar, lemon grass, garlic, ginger and turmeric.
Insal na Manok
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 559
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 62g
Saturated Fat 14g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 13g
Monounsaturated Fat 29g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1.4 Kg whole chicken
- 1 Head garlic
- 2 Tablespoon ginger
- 2 Tablespoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 Stalk lemon grass
- 1 Packs of annatto powder
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of crushed pepper
- 1/4 Cup cooking oil
- Cut the chicken into 4 pieces.
- Grind the garlic, ginger, turmeric, and lemongrass to a paste, using a mortar and pestle or a food processor.
- Mix with brown sugar, sea salt, crushed black pepper, 1 pack of annatto powder, oil and coco vinegar.
- Cover the container and marinate the chicken for at least an hour.
- Grill the chicken, turn and cook for 10-15 minutes per sides, basting with annatto oil.
- Annatto Oil : mix 1/3 cup of cooking oil and 1 pack of annatto powder.
- Pierce the chicken thigh, if the juices run clear, chicken are done.
- Chicken inasal is best grilled, but can also be roasted in the oven, Preheat 375.
- Serve with spice vinegar, papaya or other vegetable salad.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/