- 1.4 Kg whole chicken
- 1 Head garlic
- 2 Tablespoon ginger
- 2 Tablespoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 Stalk lemon grass
- 1 Packs of annatto powder
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of crushed pepper
- 1/4 Cup cooking oil
Inasal has became a popular dish in the Philippines. Bacolod City, from where it was originated. Inasal na Manok is a grilled chicken, marinated in coco vinegar, lemon grass, garlic, ginger and turmeric.
Cooking Directions :
- Cut the chicken into 4 pieces.
- Grind the garlic, ginger, turmeric, and lemongrass to a paste, using a mortar and pestle or a food processor.
- Mix with brown sugar, sea salt, crushed black pepper, 1 pack of annatto powder, oil and coco vinegar.
- Cover the container and marinate the chicken for at least an hour.
- Grill the chicken, turn and cook for 10-15 minutes per sides, basting with annatto oil.
Annatto Oil : mix 1/3 cup of cooking oil and 1 pack of annatto powder.
Cooking Tips :
- Pierce the chicken thigh, if the juices run clear, chicken are done.
- Chicken inasal is best grilled, but can also be roasted in the oven, Preheat 375.
- Serve with spice vinegar, papaya or other vegetable salad.
Watch Inasal na Manok Cooking Video
Incoming search terms:
- chicken inasal recipe
- chicken inasal recipe-bacolod style
- inasal recipe
- bacolod chicken inasal recipe
- inasal na manok recipe
- inasal na manok
- chicken inasal recipe oven
- chicken inasal marinade
- chicken inasal bacolod recipe
- bacolod inasal recipe