Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 3484
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 416g
Saturated Fat 364g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrates 1052g
Dietary Fiber 22g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 Cups glutinous rice
- 1 Cup brown rice (optional)
- 2 Cans coconut milk
- 2 Cups palm sugar
- 3 Cans coconut milk
- STICKY RICE CAKE
- Wash the glutinous rice, set in a pot and add the water.
- When the mixture starts to boil, keep stirring to avoid burn.
- Cover and turn the heat down to simmer until the liquid is fully absorbed by the rice.
- On a separate pan over medium heat , dissolve the grated palm sugar in the coconut milk.
- Add the coconut curd (latik) and salt, continue heating the mixture under low fire for a minute.
- Keep stirring until half of the liquid has evaporated and thickened.
- Add in the cooked rice and continue stirring until very thick consistency.
- COCONUT CURD
- Bring coconut milk to a boil in a saucepan and simmer gently over low heat.
- When oil starts to separate and solids begin to form.
- Regularly stir and scrape sides and bottom of pan to prevent from burning.
- Continue to cook and stir until curds turn golden brown.
- Drain curds from the oil and set aside.
- Place the banana leaves at the bottom of the serving plate, and brush with oil.
- Spread the sticky sweet rice on the leaves and flatten evenly.
- Spread the coconut curds on the top of the sticky rice cake.
- You may use plain glutinous rice or brown rice or combinations.
- Soak the rice in water before cooking.
- Cook rice in rice cooker.
- Substitute sugar solids or palm sugar with brown sugar.
- Cooking without banana leaves, brush the pan with coconut oil.
- Brush some coconut oil onto your cooking utensils when spreading the sweet rice.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/