A Filipino spicy beef stew. There are lots of different ways of cooking caldereta, this may differ from other recipes. We didn’t add tomato sauce, the sour, spicy and taste of liver will spice-up the taste.
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 36g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 kg beef
- 2 red bell pepper
- 2 medium size potato, quartered
- 2 medium size carrots, cut same size as potato
- 1 can gisantes or 1/2 cup of green peas
- 1 large size onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can or 1/2 cup liver spread
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 c. vinegar
- 2 hot chilli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and onion .
- Add meat until color changes to light brown,.
- Add vinegar, pepper and water,
- Do not stir, cover and simmer until meat are tender.
- Add carrots, potato and chilli, cover and simmer until vegetable are cooked.
- Add cayenne pepper, liver spread, green peas, red pepper and salt to taste.
- Simmer for another 3-5 mins, serve hot.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/