Kalingking (Maruyang Kamote)
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 505
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 57g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 41g
Total Carbohydrates 86g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 large pcs yellow kamote peeled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups rice flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 & 1/2 cups oil for deep frying
- Banana leaves
- Cut the kamote into strips.
- Add the sugar and flour to the water and stir until well blended.
- Combine kamote strips with the flour mixture and mix well with a spoon until well coated.
- Heat oil in a frying or deep pan.
- Layered the battered kamote on a saucer with banana leaves.
- Pat to flatten, then from saucer slip into hot cooking oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- For maruyang kamote, grate to make strands of sweet potato.
- Put the stove in medium heat or do not let the oil to overheat before putting the battered sweet potato.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/