A small sticky round yellow type rice cake, topped with freshly grated coconut. The lye water, makes the taste distinct and great.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 39g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp annatto powder diluted in 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp lye water
- In a mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the annatto water and water.
- Mix thoroughly, strain to removes lumps.
- Pour in the moulds and steam for 25-30 mins.
- Once cooked, let it cool before removing from the moulds.
- Served with grated coconut.
- Used red food coloring, if annatto is not available
- Reserve 1/4-1/2 portion of water and sugar when mixing, add slowly the portion to mix your taste and creamy type texture.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/