- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp annatto powder diluted in 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp lye water
A small sticky round yellow type rice cake, topped with freshly grated coconut. The lye water, makes the taste distinct and great.
- In a mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the annatto water and water.
- Mix thoroughly, strain to removes lumps.
- Pour in the moulds and steam for 25-30 mins.
- Once cooked, let it cool before removing from the moulds.
- Served with grated coconut.
- Used red food coloring, if annatto is not available
- Reserve 1/4-1/2 portion of water and sugar when mixing, add slowly the portion to mix your taste and creamy type texture.
Watch the Kutchinta cooking video
Incoming search terms:
- kakanin recipe
- how to make kutchinta
- cuchinta recipe
- kakanin recipes
- kutsinta recipe
- kakanin recipe panlasang pinoy
- puto kutchinta recipe
- kutchinta recipe panlasang pinoy
- best kutchinta recipe
- how to cook kutchinta