Creamy and delicious caramel topped custard base dessert, made with eggs milk and sugar Traditionally cooked in an oval metal moulds or llanera.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 41g
Saturated Fat 12g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrates 185g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 water
- CUSTARD CAKE
- 12 egg yolk
- 2 condensed milk
- 2 evaporated milk
- 1 tsp of lemon zest or juice
- Separate egg yolks to white, use yolk in this recipe.
- In a bowl, mix together yolks, condensed milk and evaporated milk gently and thoroughly.
- Add the lemon juice or zest to the custard mixture and stir gently and thoroughly, to avoid bubbles on the mixture.
- In a sauce pan mix water and the brown sugar. Bring to boil, until the sugar caramelize.
- Pour caramel into the moulds, and spread on the bottom. Let it cool.
- Gently pour the custard mixture, fill the moulds to 1-1/4 inch thick.
- Steam for about 35-45 minutes, let it cool, then refrigerate.
- Run a thick knife around the edges to loosen, place a platter on top and quickly turn upside down.
- You may add a pinch of salt into the custard mixture.
- Adding 1 tsp lemon zest is better than using the juice.
- Baking option, Bake for 45 mins at 370 degrees.
- You can cover the mould with aluminium foil, in steaming the custard.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/