- For caramel ;
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 water
- For Custard Base ;
- 12 egg yolk
- 2 condensed milk
- 2 evaporated milk
- 1 tsp of lemon zest or juice
Creamy and delicious caramel topped custard base dessert, made with eggs milk and sugar Traditionally cooked in an oval metal moulds or llanera.
- Separate egg yolks to white, use yolk in this recipe.
- In a bowl, mix together yolks, condensed milk and evaporated milk gently and thoroughly.
- Add the lemon juice or zest to the custard mixture and stir gently and thoroughly, to avoid bubbles on the mixture.
- In a sauce pan mix water and the brown sugar. Bring to boil, until the sugar caramelize.
- Pour caramel into the moulds, and spread on the bottom. Let it cool.
- Gently pour the custard mixture, fill the moulds to 1-1/4 inch thick.
- Steam for about 35-45 minutes, let it cool, then refrigerate.
- Run a thick knife around the edges to loosen, place a platter on top and quickly turn upside down.
- You may add a pinch of salt into the custard mixture.
- Adding 1 tsp lemon zest is better than using the juice.
- Baking option, Bake for 45 mins at 370 degrees.
- You can cover the mould with aluminium foil, in steaming the custard.
Watch the Leche Flan cooking video
Incoming search terms:
- Leche flan panlasang pinoy
- panlasang pinoy leche flan
- leche flan recipe panlasang pinoy
- panlasangpinoy leche flan
- paano gumawa ng leche flan
- leche flan panlasangpinoy
- leche flan recipe
- panlasangpinoy leche flan recipe
- pinoy egg recipes
- baked leche flan panlasangpinoy