This fluffy and delicious variation of the famous steamed rice cake, become the number one choice for its creamy egg flan on the bottom.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 22g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- STEAM RICE CAKE
- 2 Cups cake flour
- 1 Cup sugar
- 4 Egg whites
- 2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup evaporated milk
- Drops of yellow food color
- LECHE FLAN
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 Can (300) condensed milk
- 2 Teaspoon lemon juice
- LECHE FLAN
- Separate the white from yolk, keep the white, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks, condensed milk and lemon juice.
- Stir in a circular motion until blended.
- Grease moulds then pour the egg mixture.
- Cover with cheesecloth and steam on low heat for about 8 minutes
- Remove from the steamer and let cool
- STEAMED RICE CAKE
- In a medium bowl, combine egg white, evaporated milk and sugar.
- Blend until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Keep stirring until completely combined.
- Pour the egg mixture water And food color.
- Mix all the ingredients until smooth, ensure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Scoop mixture, and pour over flan filling nearly to the top.
- Wrap steamer with cheesecloth and steam on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from steamer, let cool and serve.
- For smooth texture, strain the egg-milk mixture for leche flan with a cheesecloth before pouring into molds.
- Before pouring the rice cake mixture, let it cool and damp the steam on top of the flan.
- Grease the mold before pouring the custard or leche flan mixture.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/
Watch Leche Puto cooking video: