A Filipino dessert made-up of fruit pudding, topped in with coconut curd or flakes. This dessert has always been a Filipino favorite and usually served during fiestas and holidays, especially Christmas.
Maja de Fruta
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 20g
Saturated Fat 17g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 78g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3/4 Cup corn starch
- 2 Cups coconut cream
- 1/2 Cup evaporated milk
- 1 Can fruit cocktail
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Butter, margarine or cooking oil spray
- Butter a jelly mould, 8-inch baking dish or a muffin baking pan, and set aside.
- Drain the fruit cocktail, reserving the syrup.
- Measure 1 cup of the syrup and disperse the cornstarch in it.
- Combine the coconut milk, evaporated milk, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved, and cook on low medium heat
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- Stir quickly to avoid lumps as it becomes very thick.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil, stir constantly, about 3 minutes or until thicken and smooth.
- Pour the maja into the prepared dish, and set aside to cool until firm.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes over the pudding and serve with fruits.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/