- 1 1/2 lbs of beef
- 1/8 kilo of pork fat cut into strips
- 4 onions, peeled and quartered
- 5 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium sized carrot, sliced in 1/2″ sections
- 1 Red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups beef stock or 2 bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cup water
- 3 bay leaves (laurel leaves)
- 1/4 -cup vinegar
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups of canned dice tomatoes
- 1 cup soy sauce
- pepper to taste
This recipe was named mitsado, because of the (mitsa) or wicked of pork fat inserted in the beef.
- Cut an incision on the beef and insert a pork strip and in the middle.
- In a casserole, combine the beef , bay leaves, onions and diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, soya sauce and beef stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the beef is almost tender.
- Add the vinegar and let boil for a minute or two.
- Add the potatoes, carrot, and bell pepper.
- Let simmer until potatoes and carrots are cooked – occasionally stir to thicken sauce.
Watch the Mitsado cooking video
Incoming search terms:
- mitsado recipe
- beef mitsado
- mechado recipe
- beef mechado kapampangan recipe
- BEEF MITSADO recipe
- mitsado baboy
- hapag kainan beef mechado
- mitsado from hapag kainan