- 1 lbs pork hock or legs
- 1/3 cups soya sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 cup of dried banana blossoms or dried lily buds.
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 6-8 cups water
- 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn
- 2 pcs.laurel leaves
- Salt to taste
A pork leg or hock cooked in soy sauce, vinegar and dried dried lily or dried banana blossom (Bulaklak Ng Saging). The recipe is flavorful due to the sweet and the sourness of vinegar, soya sauce and the dried lily which added flavor.
- In a casserole, pour in water enough to cover the meat and put the slices of pork hock , cover and let it boil for 1 hour or until tender.
- Add dried lily, soya sauce vinegar dried oregano, peppercorn, bayleaves.sugar and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, allow the stew to simmer, stirring occasionally until liquid has thickened and the meat pulls easily from the bones.
Cooking tips :
- Your can add the vinegar, soya sauce, bay leaves, peppercorn and garlic in tenderizing the meat.
- Pork pata may be the front or hind leg. The front is preferred since it is meatier.
- Just like adobo, vinegar is not stirred so the vinegar gets cooked well and will not taste tangy.
- Use pressure cooker for faster cooking.
What the Paksiw na Pata cooking video
Incoming search terms:
- paksiw na pata
- paksiw na pata ng baboy
- paksiw na pata panlasang pinoy
- hapag pinoy
- paksiw na pata recipe panlasang pinoy
- panlasang pinoy paksiw na pata
- pata recipe panlasang pinoy
- adobong pata ng baboy
- paksiw na baboy recipe
- how to cook paksiw na pata