Stuffed pastry with sliced papaya and ground beef sautéed in annatto oil, wrapped in pastry wrapper. Deep fried until golden brown.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 5g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/2 Pound ground beef
- 6X6 Pastry wrapper
- 4 Cups sliced papaya
- 1/2 Cup Parsley
- 1/4 Cup dried shrimp
- 5 Cloves garlic
- 1 Large onion
- 1/2 Tablespoon annatto powder
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoon flour
- Ground Pepper
- Cooking oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan and add annatto powder to make annatto oil.
- Sauté onion and garlic for a few minutes or until wilt.
- Put in ground beef and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the dried peeled shrimp, sliced unripe papaya and Chinese parsley.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until papaya reach the right tenderness.
- Seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Add beaten eggs and flour, simmer for a few minutes or until eggs are done.
- Set aside and allow to cool down.
- Scoop 3 tablespoon of mixture and place it in the middle of the wrapper
- Fold the wrapper into a triangular shape, sealing edges with flour paste.
- Deep-fry until golden brown and drain in paper towel or cooling rack.
- Chayote or bottle gourd are the substitute for papaya.
- Used fresh shrimp as the substitute for dried peeled shrimp.
- Seasoned with broth or granulated seasoning.
- Dissolve flour in water to make a flour paste.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/