A variety of pancit or noodles recipe, and sometimes referred to as pancit luglug. They are essentially the same dish, both use the same thick shrimp or other flavored sauce and toppings. The difference are the noodles used in the recipe.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 23g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 88g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 600 Grams Rice stick (luglug)
- 250 Grams shrimp, with heads
- 1/4 Cups of flour, dissolve in 1 cup of water
- 3 Cups water
- 2 Tablespoon Annatto powder, dissolve in 1/2 cup of water
- 2 Tablespoon fish sauce or to taste
- 4 Boiled eggs
- 5-8 Pieces of fish ball, Thin sliced
- 1/2 Cup smoke fish flakes
- 75 Grams bag pork crackling (chicharon), crushed
- 100 Grams package firm tofu, diced
- 2 Stalks of spring onion
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Medium size of onion
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the shells and heads of the shrimps.
- Pound the shrimp heads using a mortar and mash in 3 cups of water.
- Strain the shrimp liquid and set aside.
- In a large casserole, bring 10 cups of water to a boil.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions or until soft .
- Rinse the noodles in cold running water. Drain well and set aside in a platter.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the garlic and onion, sauté for a few minutes.
- Add shrimp, fish balls, tofu, and season with salt and pepper, sauté until shrimps are done. Set aside.
- Put 3 cups of water in a sauce pan, add annatto water, ground pepper, fish sauce and flour dissolved in water.
- Simmer over medium-low heat, stir constantly for about 3 minutes or until liquid starts to thicken.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- You can add pork, crab meat and squid.
- Fry the smoked fish and flakes.
- Pour the shrimp sauce over the noodles and top with stir fried shrimp, fish balls and tofu.
- Sprinkle with smoked fish flakes and crushed pork crackling.
- Garnish with spring onion and add the slice hard-boiled eggs.
- Serve with lime quarters.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/