- 2 Packs grated purple yam
- 2 Cans condensed milk
- 1 Cup white sugar
- Colored wrapper
- Bond paper
Bite-sized sweet chewy purple yam flavored candy, made from milk, purple yam and sugar. A perfect gift and dessert for parties and picnics.
- In a large non-stick pan, place grated purple yam .
- Pour condensed milk, mix well until incorporated.
- Cook over a moderate fire, stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Keep on mixing the ingredients until sticky and smooth.
- Take the pastillas off the heat and transfer to a shallow pan or working table.
- Using a pastry kneader, flatten the mixture and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Cut the mixture into small pieces or desired thickness.
- Roll lightly in sugar until evenly coated and shake off excess sugar.
- Wrap in prepared wrapper and secured by twist and tucking both ends.
- Cut pastillas 1cm x 4cm into a rectangular shape.
- Cut the bond paper into rectangle 6cm x 7cm.
- Colored paper wrapper into 12cm x 13cm and trim the edges.
Cooking Tips :
- Used powdered ube for easy and convenient cooking.
- Always used non-stick pan to avoid burning and sticking.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Watch Pastillas de Ube cooking video :
Incoming search terms:
- ube pastillas recipe
- pastillas de ube recipe
- ube pastillas
- pastillas de ube
- ube candy recipe
- how to make ube pastillas
- pastillas recipe
- ube candy
- how to make pastillas de ube
- how to make ube candy