A traditional snack or desserts, presented at the southern part of the Philippines. Wherein grated cassava, water, sugar mix together and steamed cooled, cut and rolled in grated coconut.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 46g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups grated cassava
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. of pandan flavor
- 2 cups white sugar
- Food color (optional)
- Grated coconut, for garnish
- Mix all the ingredients together, except the grated coconut.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of pandan flavor into 2 cups of water
- Stir until well blended and no lumps remain.
- Pour into 2 pieces or 9 inch round pans, put a drops of food coloring (optional)
- Steam for 45 minutes or until firm.
- Cool and scoop using a spoon and flatten.
- Roll each piece in grated coconut.
- You can use cuchinta mold for steaming.
- Using fresh coconut gives a good taste, use a grater or shredder to grate coconut.
- You can use pandan water or fresh pandan boiled in water.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/