Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 32g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup evaporated milk
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Egg
- Oil for frying
- 1 Cup confectioners sugar
- ¼ Cup water
- Combine flour, salt and egg in a mixing bowl, mix well before adding the milk.
- Knead and mix until everything blends and smooth.
- Cover with damp kitchen cloth or plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll the other half into round dough and flatten.
- Cut the dough into 1/4 inch thin strips wide and 8 inches long pieces.
- Roll each piece into a pencil-thin rope.
- Bring the ends together, twist and and seal both ends.
- Lay each twist on a flat surface, cover again and let rest for another 15 minutes.
- SUGAR GLAZED
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, keep stirring until sugar has melted.
- Let simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the pilipit until golden brown.
- Drain on colander to remove excess oil and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Dip the cooled twists one at a time and let dry on a wire rack completely.
- Use table sugar for confectioners sugar replacement.
- Store the glazed twists in a jar for a few days until they become hard and crunchy.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/