The artistic colourful garnish makes this dish as a center piece on the table for feast and family celebrations. Whole white fleshed fish, steamed and garnished with chopped carrots and a hard-boiled egg .
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 25g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 19g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Whole fish
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Piece hard boiled egg finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 Cup Pickles relish
- Salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine SIDE GARNISHES
- 1 Cup Broccoli
- 1 Cup cauliflower
- 5-6 Pieces of green beans
- 1 Stalk of spring onion
- Slice of cucumber
- Remove scales, innards and score the fish across the back on both sides, wash thoroughly and drain.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, rub the flesh of the cuts and cavities.
- Place the fish on a steaming plate, arrange the green beans, broccoli and cauliflower on the side.
- Spread butter or margarine on fish and vegetable, steam over medium-high heat for 20 minutes.
- When done, remove the fish stock in the steaming plate and let it cool.
- Spread mayonnaise on the topside of the fish and arrange the chopped garnishing on top as per desired artistic pattern.
- You can use, Apahap (sea bass), Lapu lapu (grouper) or any white flesh fish.
- Stuff the cavity with the green onion, ginger, and onion before steaming.
- Your choice of chopped vegetables for garnishing.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/
Watch the Pinasingawang Isda Cooking Video :