Chicken marinated in pineapple juice and cooked with pineapple chunks. A choice of coconut or evaporated milk is added for a thick and savory taste.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 kilo Chicken
- 1 medium can of Pineapple Chunks
- 1 cups of Evaporated Milk or Coconut Milk
- 2 Carrots
- 1 red Bell Pepper
- 2 medium size Onion
- 5 cloves ov Garlic
- Fish Sauce (Patis)
- Salt and Pepper
- Marinate the chicken in pineapple juice for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Boiled the chicken into the marinate.
- Preheat pan , add oil (Butter can be a substitute).
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Put the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in pineapple juice (from marinated chicken) and milk. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer over medium.
- Add carrots, pineapple chunks and bell pepper, simmer until tender.
- Season with fish sauce, salt and pepper and simmer for a few more minutes until the vegetables cooked.
- The longer time you marinate, the best taste and result you can get.
- Be sure the chicken, particularly a large whole bird, is defrosted thoroughly to ensure proper cooking.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/