Pospas na Halaan
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 62g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 lbs manila clams
- 2 cups of rice
- 1/2 thumb ginger
- 1 onion
- 1 head garlic, includes fried garlic for toppings
- 1 stalk of spring onion
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- Fish sauce to taste
- 4 cups of water
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the garlic in oil cook until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a deep or large cooking pan, saute the ginger, garlic and onion, cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the clams, a drop of fish sauce, rice and water.
- Cover the pan, and simmer over medium to low heat.
- Stir frequently and simmer until the rice are cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Add saffron and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the arroz caldo into bowls and sprinkle with fried garlic and spring onion.
- This recipe makes a thick porridge, for a thinner results add more water.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/