Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 33g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- STEAM RICE CAKE
- 2 Cups cake flour
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 4 Egg whites
- 2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup evaporated milk
- 1 Tablespoon purple yam powder
- STICKY YELLOW RICE CAKE
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp annatto powder diluted in 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp lye water
- STICKY YELLOW RICE CAKE (Kutchinta)
- In a mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the annatto water and water.
- Mix thoroughly, strain to removes lumps.
- Pour in the moulds, and arrange in a steamer.
- Wrap steamer with cheesecloth and steam on low for 15 mins.
- STEAM RICE CAKE (Puto)
- In a medium bowl, combine egg whites, evaporated milk and sugar.
- Blend until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Keep stirring until completely combined.
- Pour the egg mixture and water.
- Beat all the ingredients until smooth, ensure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Separate 1/2 cup batter and mix the purple yam powder.
- Scoop mixture, and pour over cooked Kutchinta filling nearly to the top.
- Add the purple yam batter in circular motion on top of the batter.
- Run with chopstick to create a purple swirl design on cakes.
- Wrap steamer with cheesecloth and steam on low heat for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from steamer, let cool and serve.
- For smooth texture, strain both batter before pouring into molds.
- Purple food coloring is the substitute for purple yam powder.
- Before pouring the steam rice cake batter, remove moist of water on top of the sticky yellow rice cake.
- Beside Purple yam flavor, you can use green pandan extract for a swirl.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/