- 1 Pack (400 grams) glutinous rice flour
- 2 Packs (115 grams) purple yam powder
- 2 1/2 Cups of water
- Brown sugar
- Banana leaves
- Grated coconut
Puto Bumbong is a purple colored delicacy made of steamed heirloom sticky or glutinous rice inserted in a small bamboo tubes. A delicacy that is usually seen during the yuletide season.
Cooking Directions :
- Prepare steamer with enough water for steaming.
- In a large bowl, combine purple yam powder and glutinous rice flour , Mix together until well combined.
- Gradually add enough water to the rice flour to make a dough. Knead until smooth.
- Pinch off about 2 tablespoons of the dough, using your hands make a ball and roll into a round and long shape, about 4 to 5 inches in long.
- Spread margarine or butter in a heat proof plate and layered the dough, steam for 3-4 minutes or until done.
- Apply margarine or butter then roll in shredded coconut and serve with muscovado sugar.
- To avoid the dough sticking on the steaming plate, put a small amount of margarine.
Incoming search terms:
- how to make puto
- mga pagkaing pinoy
- pagkaing pilipino
- pagkaing pilipino recipe
- how to make puto bungbong
- www pagkaing pinoy recipe
- recipe of puto bumbong
- puto bumbong steamer
- puto bong bong recipe