Puto Bumbong is a purple colored delicacy made of steamed heirloom sticky or glutinous rice inserted in a small bamboo tubes. A delicacy that is usually seen during the yuletide season.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 39g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Pack (400 grams) glutinous rice flour
- 2 Packs (115 grams) purple yam powder
- 2 1/2 Cups of water
- Brown sugar
- Banana leaves
- Grated coconut
- Prepare steamer with enough water for steaming.
- In a large bowl, combine purple yam powder and glutinous rice flour , Mix together until well combined.
- Gradually add enough water to the rice flour to make a dough. Knead until smooth.
- Pinch off about 2 tablespoons of the dough, using your hands make a ball and roll into a round and long shape, about 4 to 5 inches in long.
- Spread margarine or butter in a heat proof plate and layered the dough, steam for 3-4 minutes or until done.
- Apply margarine or butter then roll in shredded coconut and serve with muscovado sugar.
- To avoid the dough sticking on the steaming plate, put a small amount of margarine.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/
Watch the Puto Bumbong cooking video :