- 1/2 Cup of Rice Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups of Glutinous Rice
- 1 Cups of Sugar (as desired)
- 1 Pack of Purple Yam powder (purple layer)
- 1 Bottle of Macapuno (white layer)
- 1 Cans of Condensed Milk
- 3 Cans of Coconut Milk
- Food Coloring
- 1 Can of coconut for Coco curds (latik)
- 1 Pack of Grated Coconut (budbod)
A Filipino native 3 color layered dessert, made from rice flour, glutinous rice, coconut milk, sugar, milk and water, flavored with coconut sport and purple yam. Sprinkled on top with coconut curds or flakes.
Cooking Directions :
- Blend all ingredients except grated purple yam, macapuno, grated coconut and food coloring
- 1st Part – Add grated or powder purple yam. To heighten the color add red and blue food color for purple.
- 2nd Part – Add macapuno for white layer, mix well.
- 3rd Part – Add yellow coloring, mix well
- Line the banana leaves in a round baking pan and grease the leaves.
- Pour 1st part, spread evenly and steam for 20 minutes or more, until firm (cover with cheese cloth before steaming)
- For 2nd part and 3rd part, follow the same procedure of first part.
Toppings Cooking Directions :
- In a saucepan bring 1 can of coconut milk to a boil over low while stirring frequently.
- Continue to simmer until the milk turns to a thick cream.
- When the cream separates into a coconut oil, and turn to brown color, turn the heat off
- Drain the coconut oil.
Watch the Sapin-sapin cooking video :
Incoming search terms:
- how to cook sapin sapin
- how to make sapin sapin dessert
- sapin sapin panlasang pinoy
- special sapin sapin recipe
- how to make sapin-sapin filipino recipes
- recipe of sapin sapin
- sapin sapin recipe tagalog
- how to make sapin sapin panlasang pinoy
- sapin sapin recipes
- sapin sapin filipino recipe