Seafood Kare Kare
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 27g
Dietary Fiber 9g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 6 Pieces squid
- 2 Cups shrimps
- 1 Pound mussel
- 2 Eggplants
- 1/2 Pound string beans
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Packed (1/3 oz) annatto powder
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
- Loop 2 pieces of string beans, blanch for a few minutes and set aside.
- Boil some shrimps, mussels and all the squid, drain and keep the broth on the stove at medium heat.
- Add the peanut butter and dissolved rice flour into the sauce for it to thicken.
- Heat the oil in a pan, put annatto powder and stir for a couple minutes or until it dissolves.
- Sauté the garlic and onion using the annatto oil, add the shrimp and mussels and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced eggplants, and the thicken seafood sauce.
- Cover and cook for approximately 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are half-done.
- Keep 1 cup of seafood broth, used if the result of the sauce is to thick.
- Corn starch or powdered toasted rice are substitutes for sauce thickening agent.
- Do not overcook the squid.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/