A popular street foods and delicious treat as a snack item or as an appetizer, made out of dried anchovies in a sweet and spicy coating. A very authentic snack not only for its sweet and spicy taste but for its color and garnishes.
Spicy Sweet Dills
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 55g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 ½ Lbs dried anchovy
- 1 Cup tomato ketchup
- 3/4 Cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 Teaspoon vegetable oil
- Dried chilli for garnish
- In a pan, add oil then cook dried anchovies in medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the tomato ketchup in a sauce pan, add vegetable oil, sugar and chilli powder and nitre powder.
- Mix and stir until sugar and other ingredients are well dissolve.
- Put the heat to medium heat and let the mixture boil, stirring continuously until the sauce has thickened
- Turn the heat to low and add the fried anchovy, continue stirring until the sauce has been absorbed.
- Sprinkle dried chilli on and serve hot or cold.
- Do not overcook dried anchovy otherwise it will taste bitter.
- For less sweeter, use brown sugar ( Adding sugar depends on desired sweetness)
- Nitre powder or salitre is an optional ingredients.
- For garnishing, sesame seed can be a replacement for dried chilli.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/