This snack or dessert dish refers to the finely grated cassava, mix with sugar and grated coconut wrapped in banana leaves.
Sumang Kamoteng Kahoy
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 53g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups grated cassava
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Banana leaves
- Pass the banana leaves over the stove on both side, to make it easy to fold.
- In a bowl, mix grated cassava, grated coconut and sugar, until well blended.
- Lay 2 pieces. (small on the top of the bigger pieces) of cut banana leaves on the flat surface.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture and wrap tightly, to make a thin roll shape.
- In a deep cooking pan, line with cut banana leaves and layered the wrapped cassava mixture.
- Add water, should be above the wrapped cassava mixture.
- Put in high fire for about an hour or until done.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/