Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 42g
Saturated Fat 29g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 97g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 cups rice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup roasted peanut
- 1/2 cup chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced ham
- 1/2 cup shelled shrimp
- 2 boiled egg
- 5 cups coconut milk
- Atsuete powder (dissolve in 1/2 cup of water)
- Banana leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, toast the rice until golden brown.
- Grind rice in a blender and set aside. After the rice, grind the roasted peanuts.
- In a deep pan combine coconut milk, salt, pepper and brown sugar, let it boil.
- Add the powdered rice, with constant stirring.
- Add the ground roasted peanut, stir constantly and cook over low heat until thick.
- Continue cooking the paste, until it separates from the pan.
- Divide the paste into 2 parts, set aside other half of the paste (regular paste)
- Add atsuete water to to the remaining half and cook for 5 minutes (red paste)
- Lay two banana leaves. At the center, put 3 tablespoons of the regular paste and flatten lightly.
- Top each with chicken, sliced ham, eggs and shrimp. Cover with 3 tablespoons of red paste.
- Wrap with banana leaves in four folds and steam for 20 to 30 minutes.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/