- 1 pack (400 grams) glutinous rice flour
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup boiling or warm water
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp veg oil or non stick cooking spray
- Water as needed
There are many ways of making Tikoy, by adding different tastes and flavors. But they are using the same main ingredient, the glutinous rice and brown sugar.
- In a bowl, mix the boiling or warm water and the sugar. Stir to dissolve.
- Let the sugar mixture get cold, then add vanilla.
- Place the glutinous rice flour in a large bowl, pour in the sugar mixture.
- Add water to the dough at a time, until you have a smooth dough.
- Grease a round cake pan with vegetable oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the dough in the cake pan and shake to spread it out to the edges.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.
- Place the cake in a steamer covered with cheese cloth.
- Steam for 45 to 1 hour or until the edges of the cake separate from the pan.
- Remove the cake from the heat and cool.
- Use a knife over the edges to remove the cake.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice in 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide, Dip in an egg wash before frying.
- Use a small amout of oil when frying.
- To serve without frying with egg wash, reheat the tikoy in microwave before serving.
Watch the Tikoy cooking video
Incoming search terms:
- tikoy recipe
- how to make tikoy
- tikoy recipe panlasang pinoy
- chinese tikoy recipe
- how to make chinese tikoy
- tikoy recipe (filipino style)
- Tikoy recipes
- how to make tikoy recipe
- chinese tikoy