Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 20g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Lb whole chicken
- 1 Small papaya
- 2 Tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 Cup chili leaves
- 6 - 8 Cups of water
- 5 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Medium size onion
- 4 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 Tablespoon Fish sauce
- Heat oil in the pot, sauté ginger until lightly brown. Add garlic and onion, sauté for another few minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and sauté in fish sauce until lightly brown on all sides.
- Stir in Water, cover and bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken are tender.
- Add green papaya and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, or until cook through.
- Remove from heat, adjust seasoning and add the chilli leaves.
- Use green papaya to get the right texture and taste, if not available, use chayote or potato
- Variation of green leafy are, chili leaves, malunggay leaves and spinach are the few.
- Eliminate fish sauce by adding salt
- Province in northern part use salted anchovies sauce.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/