- 1 Lb whole chicken
- 1 Small papaya
- 2 Tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 Cup chili leaves
- 6 - 8 Cups of water
- 5 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Medium size onion
- 4 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 Tablespoon Fish sauce
The favorite homestyle dish of the Filipinos. A simple hearthy soup that is boiled with chicken, green papaya, chili leaves in ginger soup
- Heat oil in the pot, saute ginger until lightly brown. Add garlic and onion, saute for another few minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and Saute in fish sauce until lightly brown on all sides.
- Stir in Water, cover and bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken are tender.
- Add green papaya and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, or until cook through.
- Remove from heat, adjust seasoning and add the chili leaves.
- Use green papaya to get the right texture and taste, if not available, use chayote or potato
- Variation of green leafy are, chili leaves, malunggay leaves and spinach are the few.
- Eliminate fish sauce by adding salt
- Province in northern part use salted anchovies sauce.
Watch the Tinolang Manok cooking video
Incoming search terms:
- how to cook tinolang manok
- tinolang manok
- tinolang manok panlasang pinoy
- chicken tinola panlasangpinoy
- tinolang manok recipe
- tinolang manok recipe panlasang pinoy
- how to cook tinolang manok panlasangpinoy
- tinolang manok panlasangpinoy
- chicken tinola recipe panlasang pinoy
- tinola recipe panlasang pinoy