Creamy and delicious 2 layer chiffon cake, with yema or milk custard frosting. Yema is a chewy candy wrapped in a cellophane, this candy is made of condensed milk and egg yolks.
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 28g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrates 108g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- CAKE BATTER
- 2 1/2 Cup cake flour
- 3 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 Egg yolks
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 Teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 Egg whites
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cream of tartar
- YEMA FROSTING
- 1 Can evaporated milk
- 1 Can condensed milk
- 6 Egg yolks
- Put cake flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl, mix and sift.
- In a separate bowl, put together egg yolks, sugar, milk, and lemon essence.
- Beat in slow speed or mix with a wire whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Combine dry and wet mixture, continue mixing until well blended. Set aside.
- On a separate bowl , mix egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Gradually add in sugar and continue to beat until stiff but not dry.
- Combine flour mixture and egg white mixture.
- Slowly add vegetable oil and fold using a rubber spatula.
- Line or grease cake pan and pour the mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 347 °F for 40 minutes.
- YEMA OR CUSTARD FROSTING
- In a shallow pan, combine the condensed milk, evaporated milk and egg yolks.
- Cook the mixture at low fire, while continuously stirring until the texture becomes thick.
- CAKE DECORATION
- Slice the chiffon cake in half horizontally, to make two rectangular cake.
- Spread part of Yema frosting at the top of 1st half of Chiffon cake.
- Put back the half of the cake and cover the whole cake with the custard.
- Garnish with grated cheese and serve with hot or cold drinks.
- Another way of making Custard : Place a metal mixing bowl over a casserole with steaming water, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened.
- When folding merengue to the batter, do not stir. Cut and fold in a good timing, too slow makes the mixture watery.
- Put egg whites at room temperature before whipping. Cold egg whites will not peak to foam.
- All-purpose flour can be a substitute for cake flour , The cake will become a bit granulated.
Pinoy Hapagkainan http://www.pinoyhapagkainan.com/